The Transformers franchise is now on its fourth instalment. Singaporeans are elated because of the screening of Transformers 4: Age of Extinction. Transformers 4 was shown here on June 26, 2014. The franchise is full of new and fresh ideas. Mark Wahlberg for instance is a refreshing character in the sequel not to mention his daughter (Nicola Peltz).
Transformers 4 is more than presenting new characters. It also presents a new class of transformers – dinobots. The addition of the prehistoric creatures made some Singaporeans excited of the franchise’s future. If you did not see the movie, you should first be familiar with the transformers so you will not get confused at the end of the movie. They are quite a handful. So, here are some transformers you should know in this sequel:
- Optimus Prime: Everyone knows that Optimus Prime (the characters in the movie call him “prime”) is the leader of the autobots. He was found as a rusty and old truck but he copied a semi-trailer truck where he got his blue and red colours.
- Bumblebee: Who will forget the charming yellow car? Bumblebee is in the movie (he is fondly called “bee”). He is a scout and in the movie, he transforms into a yellow Chevrolet. His antics made him appealing and popular.
- Hound: If you see an Oshkosh tactical vehicle, it is probably Hound. Hound is an autobot commando.
- Crosshairs: If you see a Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, it is definitely crosshairs. He is a valued member of the team because he is a paratrooper.
- Drift: Drift was a former decipticon member but he had a change of heart. He joined the forces of Optimus Prime and eventually became a valued member of the group as a tactician. He transforms into Bugatti Veyron. He looks like a samurai.
- Grimlock: The new breed of transformers came about in the film – dinobot. Grimlock is the leader of the dinobots. He transforms into a mechanical T-rex.
- Lockdown: If you see an elegant Lamborghini car, it is lockdown. Lockdown is bounty hunter commissioned by Attinger to seize Optimus. He is the main antagonist in the movie.
- Galvatron: There was a company who take pride in their human-made transformers. They made Galvatron but Galvatron was no ordinary transformer for his mind was hacked by Megatron. Megatron is the greatest adversary of Optimus Prime.
- The Creators: You will also hear about The Creators. They were not shown but towards the end of the movie, Optimus tries to look for them.
Actors and Michael Bay definitely nailed it. Now people are anticipating the 5th installment.