If you are fond of racing, you should be happy to know that the Singapore International Racing Festival (SIRF) will transpire on April 26 to May 18, 2014. For 2 weeks, you will be indulged with equine activities and road shows. This will take place at shopping malls here in Singapore. Equine refers to the horses and their family.
You should know that the SIRF activities will conclude with two international races – KrisFlyer International Sprint and the Singapore Airlines International Cup. It will be on May 18. For more details about the SIRF, you can refer here:
- Charity caps: Singapore Turf Club will participate in the festival by raising funds for the Thye Hua Kwan EIPIC Centre. There will be Singapore Airlines International Cup caps that will be sold for those who are willing to purchase it. All proceeds will be given to Thye Hua Kwan EIPIC Centre; it will be used in their equipment & materials loan program.
- Equine exhibition: You can stroll down the turf club and discover their history and the milestone. As you learn about their history and milestone, you can also wander through the Equine Exhibition. You should also look forward to the club’s mascots (Racer and Clover); they will meet and greet you.
- Meet and greet the Turf Belles: If you might remember, Turf Belles were selected from a talent search. They will make their very first public appearance in the festival. You get the chance to meet them in person. The good thing about this is that you get the chance to take their photographs as you participate in different activities.
- Horseshoe pitching competition: You will be happy to know that there will be a horseshoe pitching competition. You can test your precision and get the chance to win $2,000 cash prize.
- Sand sculpture: You can visit the sand sculpture exhibits at Jurong Point. It will be on May 3 and 4, 2014. You can get a souvenir of this event by getting a photo of it.
- Schedule for screening: If you cannot come to the race personally, you can have another alternative. You can simply watch the screening at SuperSports Arena. It will be at 7:15pm. Channel NewsAsia will also show live telecast at 7:30pm.
What are you waiting for? The SIRF is an excellent chance. You should book your tickets right away. You can invite your friends to join you as you help other people (through the charity caps) and enjoy the sights (horse exhibitions). For two week, you can marvel over international races and festival activities. If you have further questions or inquiries, you can simply log on to their official website .