Over 90,000 sleeping pill tablets were seized by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) when they conducted routine inspection at the checkpoint on December 28, 2013. The tablets were hidden in a car but it was discovered when the officers conducted inspection. The seized tablets were sent to Health Sciences Authority (HAS) right away.
You should know that it is an offence to import or sell illegal substances without the license from HSA. You should refer to the Poisons Act if you want to get hold of the list of illegal substances. If you are found importing or selling illegal substances without HSA license, you will be convicted. You will be fined S$10,000 and/or two years of imprisonment.
Sleeping pills are important for people with insomnia. It is effective but you should learn everything about sleeping pills and that includes its side effects. The side effects of sleeping pills include:
- Burning feeling – If you have tingling or burning sensations in your arms, hands, legs and feet, you are suffering the side effects of sleeping pills.
- Changes in appetite – If you recognized changes in your appetite, you are suffering from the side effects of sleeping pills. If there are no changes in your appetite, you have to continue taking it.
- Headache – There are some people who suffer headaches when they take sleeping pills. You are lucky if there are no episodes of headaches but if there are, you can either endure it or have the prescription changed. Sometimes you may feel nauseous. If you endure it, your body will get used to it. You will see.
- Uncontrollable shaking – Sometimes you may feel uncontrollable shaking in any part of your body. This is alarming because shaking is not normal especially if it happens often.
- Weakness – If you experience unexplained loss of weakness, you are surely suffering from the side effects of sleeping pills. Even if you are well rested, you still feel drained and exhausted even if it is till morning.
Like other medications, sleeping pills have side effects. The side effects vary depending on the person. Unfortunately you won’t know it unless you try. The best way to avoid the side effects is to follow the doctor’s prescriptions and never stray away from that. Do not overdo it because you will only suffer. It will cause death if you are not careful.
Sleep is a beautiful thing. Do your best to sleep naturally. Do not rely on sleeping pills. When you are pregnant or breast feeding, you have to stay away from sleeping pills because it can affect the development of your baby.