Summer is when we feel the sun’s most ruthless heat, but it’s not an excuse for us not to look pretty. So whether you’re dancing at a music festival, sunbathing on the beach, or just stuck in the office with faulty air conditioning system, save your pretty face from the melted-makeup look this summer by keeping these prettifying tips in mind.
- Pack on Sunscreen. Wearing sunscreen should never be optional. So, ensure that you keep your face and body protected from the sun’s harmful UV rays by smothering some SPF. Aside from protected skin, sunscreen also slows down the aging process, preventing early appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Prime Up. Before you start piling on your makeup, make it a habit to apply first a small amount of primer on your face for oil control. Just be careful on applying primer though, as putting on too much may counteract its effects. Putting on some primer on your lids also prevents your eye makeup from creasing and melting away.
- Opt for Waterproof Products. For basic products like powders, foundations, mascaras, and eyeliners, opt for waterproof versions, as they have already been proven to withstand any form of moisture. For the lips, go for matte lipsticks as they are known to last longer. With these products, you no longer need to be worried about getting raccoon eyes or melted makeup.
- Use Facial Mists. If you don’t have the luxury of time to reapply your makeup, spraying on some facial mists is also a good way to instantly freshen your face. Get rid of the excess oil first with blotting paper before spritzing facial mists onto the face.
- Stick With the Basics. If all else fails, the best thing that you could do is cut down on your makeup and stick to the simple regimen of powder foundation, cheek and lip tint, and well-groomed eyebrows. But never skip on applying your sunscreen for an added protection against the sun.
Keeping your makeup intact in warm weathers can be very tricky, but with these simple and easy makeup tips, ensuring that your makeup stays on all day long already became easier and simpler.